The story of our company, and of ourselves as hereditary artisans, had its roots in the distant past...More
Our store is dedicated to the ancient method of fire making which, instead of matches, used firesteels and flint...More
In the manufacture of our kits we follow the same technological processes that have been used for many centuries...More
Our clients are those who love nature. They travel, fish and hunt, and often build fires, mostly using a stove or...More
Primitive fire starting has never been so easy as it is with ready for use Fire Making Kits!
We are resurrecting the beautiful, old way of making fire using sparks.
Today, the Flint&Steel project unites historians, re-enactors, archeologists, travelers, tourists and other active people from around the world. The main objective of this project is to revive the old and unusually beautiful though, nowadays, practically lost art of fire making.
- Is it difficult to make a fire using sparks?
- Where do the sparks come from?
- What is tinder made from?
- How is tinder made from birch fungus?
- How can char cloth tinder be made from fabric?
- Where can I find some flint?
- Can you use another type of rock instead of flint?
- What can you use as kindling when making a fire?
- Can water damage a firesteel?
- What should I know about firesteels (steel strikers)?
- Which kit is best to pick?